Back to recipe book or maincourses.
Monkfish, Chorizo and Puy Lentil Casserole
Serves 6. Cooking time 20 minutes.
Equipment: Pressure Cooker
900g monkfish fillets, skinned.
3 tablespoons olive oil.
1 large onion, thinly sliced.
2 garlic cloves, crushed.
100ml red wine.
225g Puy lentils.
600ml fish or good quality chicken stock.
400g can of chopped tomatoes.
115g Chorizo cut into 3mm slices.
3 tablespoons mixed fresh basil.
1 ½ teaspoons of sea salt.
12 turns of black pepper.
Sprigs of fresh basil to garnish.
1. Trim the monkfish, removing and discarding any membrane, and the cut into 5cm pieces.
2. Heat the oil in your pressure cooker and add the onion and the garlic. Cook for about three minutes until softened and transparent.
3. Pour in the red wine and boil fast to reduce, about 3 minutes, then add the lentils and the stock, stirring well to combine. Add the chopped tomatoes and chorizo, season to taste and cook for another 9 minutes under pressure.
5. Release the pressure using the cold water release method. Add the monkfish to the casserole and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes or until the fish is firm and opaque.
6. Finally, chop the herbs at the last minutes and add to the casserole. Season to taste with the salt and pepper, drizzle over a little extra olive oil and garnish with basil leaves.